Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] 20,000 Thoughts D.V.D.

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:21:48 +0200

> Talking 'bout Giffo, I'm just surprised (and disappointed) that he's not
> mentionned in the credits on the DVD as band member.
> Did they forget or did Giffo leave the band in bad condition ?

Yeah, this is stupid. Of course Peter Gifford should be mentioned as a band member, as he appears in most of the clips on the video collection. Why not list all six of them after the Clips and Live sections? Even Andrew James is featured in two videos, so his name should be added after the "Powderworks" section.

Also, the omission of "Truganini" is said, considering there are TWO videos made for it and it's the ONLY "hit" single missing from the collection. I know I've seen the video (or parts of it) at least once, but I don't remember what it was like and of course I would have loved to see it again.
Ironically, "Truganini" is the only song from the 'E&S&M' album to appear on the '20,000 Watt" compilation on the CD. The video features "only" the rest of them...

/Bjorn