Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: PW Digest vs. Other / Video Question / VCD Weed

Rhonda kayak@sympatico.ca
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:55:01 -0400

Hi Powdies,

Per the recent forum discussions, I just realized the downside of
receiving PW via digest vs. loose messages....I miss all the damn tree
offers!!!  They're always closed by the time I get the digest.  (wah!)
If any of the lucky winners are keeping track, I'd be interested in
obtaining a copy of any live Oils video footage on cd (NTSC or PAL, my
computer seems to be able to read both) or NTSC VHS - thanks in advance! :-)

Also a couple questions....

1.  What other videos that have been made by the Oils didn't make the
cut for the RSL DVD?  (I agree with the previous Powdie reviewer who
just got their NTSC copy that it is a splendid DVD!)
I'm another one of those who hadn't seen 9/10 of the videos on the DVD,
and the other 1/10 hadn't seen since probably 1988, it does bring back
those flashbacks! (or was that the margaritas?!)

2.  I couldn't wait for the NTSC version so I had ordered the PAL one
from Whammo last spring...does anyone else who obtained it either there
or elsewhere around the same time notice something is wrong with the
sound in Bedlam Bridge?  Wondering if they had a bad batch or something.
 I'll probably pick up the NTSC version at some point...was anything
added to this one that wasn't on the PAL version?

Peace,
Rhonda

> Subject: [Powderworks] Capitol Theatre 1982 VCD weed
> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:34:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Miron Mizrahi <mironmizrahi@yahoo.com>
> To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu

<snip>

> This show comes on 2, 700MB CDs and and I am offering 2 copies to
> the 1st 2 workers who contact me offlist with their snail mail
> address.

<snip>