Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Vermont show

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:59:51 -0400

A good friendly campground, if it is open for the season, is this one:

http://www.sover.net/~river/

Its less than a half hour from the gig, near Bethel.

There won't be crowds in late April (although it would be mud season were
it not for the drought ... and the weather is a wildcard) and you will
likely be able to get a riverside site as a walk in.

Personally, were I able to go, I could really enjoy an oils concert
followed by falling asleep under the stars to the sound of a rushing alpine
river ... but I'm also small enough to sleep in the hatchback of my
subcompact wagon if it came to that.

Also, check out the bed and breakfast action in nearby places like Bethel,
Gayesville, and Rutland.  Stay away from tourist infested Quechee and
Woodstock if you can.  April is a non-ski,
non-flatlanders-escaping-boston-heat season, so good rates are to be had.

Hope to see some of you the next day in Boston,
Kate