Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] you want it hard!

Jonathan Hart midnightoil@shaw.ca
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:23:14 -0600

I don't get it.  I didn't find it funny at all.  The guy is giving an honest
effort to sing the song.  He happens to be german, so he has a german
accent!  The band does a decent job playing the song.  I don't see what's so
funny.  Just be happy that someone somewhere is giving our favourite band
some exposure.

Perhaps you shouldn't listen to our Powderworks Tribute CDs then...you'd
probably think we were all hilarious.

Am I alone here, or does everyone think this is funny?

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Lina Yune
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 7:00 PM
To: Yasmin Dalati; Powderworks
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] you want it hard!

Yasmin!

Thank you oh so much!  This really made my day.  Too funny.  Don't know if
it's the accent (still have mine lol) too funny.... or if it's the echo, but
that sure made my day!  That's the funniest vesion of Burning Beds.... lol
still lauging .

Ok, just learned that listening to Redneck Wonderland while bicycling can be
dangerous to your sanity....

  Yasmin Dalati <yasmindalati@web.de> wrote:

  now there's this show on a private german tv channel called "breakfast tv"
(in german, of course), and they have different sorts of idiotic features,
and one of those is the "morning star", people pick a certain song, get
invited, sing karaoke and other people call in and decide whether they are
allowed to keep singing the song or are kicked out. this happens around 7 am
(andre, korrigier mich, wenn ich falsch liege).
  norbert, a guitar teacher from some place in bavaria sings beds. go and
have a look.
  http://www.sat1.de/morningworld/ , then click on morning star, then scroll
down to 03.04.2002
  regards,
  yasmin

Lina

Concrete you don't free my soul... ...Midnight Oil

----
SOLD.com.au - A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!