Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lets urinate on the poor journo?

jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:57:53 -0500

Megan (and all),

>I agree that the comments made in the Hartford Courier were not the most
>desirable but I have pity for this poor journo who could be receding a
>mass of angry letters about his review.  Journos run on tight deadlines,
>report on varied issues (business one day, music the next)  and can finish
>a story only to have it changed before going to print.   That's why all
>criticism should be addressed as 'letter to the editor'.  There's no
>chance your comments will be printed if you do it any other way.

I have to just completely disagree with this.  Pleading ignorance or
deadlines is absolutely no excuse when your profession is the dissemination
of information.

That being said a polite rebuttal will get you 100x farther than a "You
suck" email.

Jacques