Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re Capricornia CD Review Hartford Courant 4/4/02

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:24:00 +0930

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1DCF0.95B651E0

Dear Mr Danton,
I have recently seen your "review" posted on the Powderworks Internet =
Digest site by a fellow Midnight Oil follower.
Perhaps the phrase, "eight subsequent albums have gone nowhere on the =
American=20
charts or, for that matter, in the American musical consciousness" , =
sums up your review. ie it appears to be insular in the extreme, alas =
like some others of your countrymen who also fail to understand other =
cultures, and why not everyone sings about the great American Dream.
It will be a poor day when we are all reduced to eating MacDonalds and =
listening to Dolly Parton as our cultural experience.
Yours Lewis Offler

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1DCF0.95B651E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Mr Danton,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have recently seen your "review" =
posted on the=20
Powderworks Internet Digest site by a fellow Midnight Oil =
follower.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perhaps the phrase, "<FONT =
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D3>eight subsequent albums have gone nowhere on the American =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>charts or, for that matter, in the American musical consciousness" =
, sums=20
up your review. ie it appears to be insular in the extreme, alas like =
some=20
others of your countrymen who also fail to understand other cultures, =
and why=20
not everyone sings about the great American Dream.</DIV>
<DIV>It will be a poor day when we are all reduced to eating MacDonalds =
and=20
listening to Dolly Parton as our cultural experience.</DIV>
<DIV>Yours Lewis Offler</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1DCF0.95B651E0--