Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Vanilla Ice and Midnight Oil

CYakaAL@aol.com CYakaAL@aol.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:00:36 EST

--part1_17d.60b6854.29da2474_boundary

Monday, April 1st

Powderworkers...

I received a press release from Liquid 8 that reads as follows;

April 1st - Vanilla Ice and Liquid 8 Records regretfully announce that the
Grammy Award Winning White Rapper will have to cancel his North American Tour
with Midnight Oil.  The tour which V-Ice was to headline was to promote his
new CD;
"What a White Fool Am I".
        Vanilla Ice's reason for cancellation of the tour was due to the
injuries he suffered while boxing against former TV Star Todd Bridges in the
Fox Sports Celebrity Boxing Match.  Todd Bridges had received much acclaim
for his acting in the beloved American Situation Comedy, "Different Strokes."
        V-Ice said, "after all Todd has been through I only thought it
appropriate that Vanilla Ice allow Todd to beat the living shit out of me.
Him being an Afro-American and me being a white man ripping off an
Afro-American cultural art form."
        Vanilla only decided to enter the Celebrity Boxing match after
learning that all the proceeds would directly go into his pocket.  "I would
have preferred appearing on The Love Boat, but they tell me its' no longer in
production.  Funny, I watch it every day on Ted Turners' Superstation."
        As for his brief association with Midnight Oil, "I wish those guys
the best.  I know that the tour won't be as successful without me, but I'm
sure they can manage."
        And the show must go on, Midnight Oil starts a North American Tour on
April 29th.

APRIL'S FOOL!

--part1_17d.60b6854.29da2474_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Monday, April 1st<BR>
<BR>
Powderworkers...<BR>
<BR>
I received a press release from Liquid 8 that reads as follows;<BR>
<BR>
April 1st - Vanilla Ice and Liquid 8 Records regretfully announce that the Grammy Award Winning White Rapper will have to cancel his North American Tour with Midnight Oil.&nbsp; The tour which V-Ice was to headline was to promote his new CD;<BR>
"What a White Fool Am I".<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Vanilla Ice's reason for cancellation of the tour was due to the injuries he suffered while boxing against former TV Star Todd Bridges in the Fox Sports Celebrity Boxing Match.&nbsp; Todd Bridges had received much acclaim for his acting in the beloved American Situation Comedy, "Different Strokes."<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; V-Ice said, "after all Todd has been through I only thought it appropriate that Vanilla Ice allow Todd to beat the living shit out of me.&nbsp; Him being an Afro-American and me being a white man ripping off an Afro-American cultural art form."<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Vanilla only decided to enter the Celebrity Boxing match after learning that all the proceeds would directly go into his pocket.&nbsp; "I would have preferred appearing on The Love Boat, but they tell me its' no longer in production.&nbsp; Funny, I watch it every day on Ted Turners' Superstation."<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As for his brief association with Midnight Oil, "I wish those guys the best.&nbsp; I know that the tour won't be as successful without me, but I'm sure they can manage."<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And the show must go on, Midnight Oil starts a North American Tour on April 29th.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=7 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">APRIL'S FOOL!</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=7 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_17d.60b6854.29da2474_boundary--