Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] New Members

Jane R bunge91@hotmail.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:50:33 +1000

It is easy for us to say that when a member of a band dies that the band
should replace them. In Led Zeppelins case and in Queens for that matter,
the remaining band members couldn't continue.  The member that had died was
like a brother to them, and playing live and recording new material wouldnt
have felt the same.  Brian May (Queens Guitarist) said after playing at
Freddie Mercurys tribute gig that they were playing the music, playing the
back catalogue, but to him it wasnt Queen.  It comes down to how the
remaining members feel about continuing.
But I must say it is totally different when a band member wants to leave,
like in Peter Giffords case.  The Oils were making an impact in America,
doing well in Australia and felt they still had something to say. Bones has
brought something extra to the band and we love him as much as any other
member of the Oils.

Jane