Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Songs played on US Tour

jccuneo@bellsouth.net jccuneo@bellsouth.net
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:44:50 -0500

I wonder given the events in New York and Washington if the Oils plan on
breaking out songs that are pertinent to the current situation.  There are
some songs that simply beg to be played, the message is so relevant and
powerful:

Blossom and Blood
Pictures
Bedlam Bridge (written about NY and Sydney, if I am not mistaken)

And the two I would love to see on every setlist as they truly apply in the
most intimate and emotional way (IMHO) to the WTC bombing:

Lucky Country
One Country

I had a dream last night that these two were played as the encore of the
concerts. Wishful dreaming, I know (since those two happen to be some of
the best live songs they do), but its a good dream, none the less.  ;-)

Comments?  Any others that seem appropriate?

Take care all.  Tickets in hand for Atlanta and New Orleans. ;-)

Jacques