Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Ticketmaster story... (mostly NMOC)

Kelly Morris kmorri99@stlawu.edu
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:08:05 -0700

This reminds me of some experiences I had while working at Yellowstone this
summer.  I met a lot of employees from all over the world, including a young
woman from Singapore who was understandably upset when an American thought
Singapore was a city in China.  And then there was the guy from Texas who asked
my friend Gwen where she was from.  She said "Illinois" and he said, "Where's
that?"  Very amusing, but sad.  And even better was learning from friends from
Russia and Czech that the general opinion of Americans in Europe and Russia is
that we are very stupid.
kel