Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RSITS

April & Craig April & Craig" <treeman@alphalink.com.au
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:44:18 +1000

Check out
http://www.summer.com.br/~pfilho/html/english/nkc/lyrics/red_sails_in_the_su
nset.txt

And from http://www.countrymusic.com.au/cmstore/review1.htm

SLIM DUSTY - A TIME TO REMEMBER
Slim Dusty is one of Australia's true heroes, his remarkable recording
career has spanned more than 50 years and he is still kicking goals.
Slim has earned the right to please himself, and recently he has done a few
things that are slightly left of centre. The latest in these little side
trips is Slim's latest album "A Time To Remember" and believe me, it's a
delightful journey back in time. Most of the songs were big hits before my
time but still I found that I knew all the words and couldn't help but sing
along.
Slim sings these timeless classics with great style. The shock of the first
track "Don't get Around Much Anymore" softens to pleasure by the time he
gets to "As Time Goes By", then you can't keep the smile from your face when
Slime sings "Ain't Misbehavin'". I thought I may be slightly disappointed
with a Slim Dusty version of one of my old Favourites "What A Wonderful
World", but I wasn't. Slims rendition of "Red Sails In The Sunset" and "Up
The Lazy River" make you wish you still lived in the era where ladies wore
ball gowns and gloves, and men never went out without a coat and tie.
I can't wait to see the video clip from this CD, will Slim be wearing a top
hat, tails and spats? This is one cool album, I have felt more joy listening
to these songs, than I have in a long long time.
Craig

http://treespirit.alphalink.com.au