Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] When are they coming?????

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:20:52 EDT

--part1_e4.1ae30906.28d3ead4_boundary

In a message dated 9/14/2001 2:53:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nearhoofmay@earthlink.net writes:

> Can anyone who has some kind of 'in' with the band please confirm this
> 'moving US shows to next year' thing.  I really don't want to buy my
> third set of tickets  (to the Phoenix show) tomorrow if I'm going to
> have to screw around with refunds and stuff.  To be honest, there's too
> much to be depressed about here right now to lose my excitement at
> seeing the Oils in a few short weeks, but I understand if they want to
> move it back.  I just need to know.
>
> Sharon
> Phoenix, AZ
>

> >> I'm not at all surprised if this year's American tour is now being
> >> cancelled
> >> and put to the future. When they cancel soccer games and other events
> >> here in
> >> *Europe* right now, what else is to expect from Midnight Oil and
> >> touring in the
> >> US?

Sharon - I think that this person misinterpreted the information from the
Oils site.
If you go to the site you'll notice right below the blurb about the new CD
and touring
the U.S. and Europe in 2002 that there's a list of confirmed dates - the
dates which will take place in October and November.  It doesn't
state that any of those dates have been cancelled.  It does state that the
one date
in Germany has been cancelled.  This leads me to believe that the U.S. dates
are definitely a GO!  In fact, it looks like we'll probably get to see the
Oils this
fall and then again next year!
Mike

--part1_e4.1ae30906.28d3ead4_boundary