Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tix info for Boston

Poitras, Peter PPoitras@DavidClark.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:09:00 -0400

HI folks.

Kind of hard to focus on much else besides the obvious up here in the NE
USA, but caught a small snippet in the newspaper today regarding ticket
sales for the upcoming Avalon/Boston show of Midnight Oil.  It stated that
due to the terrorist attacks yesterday, all shows by the particular promoter
would delay their sales dates by one week, and it went on to specify that
the 3Nov01 show of Midnight Oil would go on sale on 21Sep01 rather than 14
Sep01, which apparently had been the original on-sale date.  Still no sign
of either date as being the on-sale date for the show (or the show even
happening) on Ticketmaster, but I'll try to keep an eye out.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone whose lives have been touched by
the tragedy in NY, DC, and PA.  I shudder to think that it but for a small
twist of fate nearly any of us or our closest loved ones could have been on
those planes or working in those buildings.  Envisioning whole companies of
firefighters wiped out just seems so incredible, especially after the horror
that gripped our region and the nation after the fire that claimed but a
handful of firefighters here in Worcester (a block from me right now) nearly
two years ago.

Take care everyone,
Pete

PS - I might add, for the media who may stumble upon this, I am aware of the
tragedy and horror, and I DO NOT NEED to see photos and footage of people
jumping out of buildings to their death.  How can they show such things?!?
I often wonder after seeing such things reported and hearing such stupid
questions ("Your family just was killed sir, and how does that make you
feel?") how people can think we need to know these sort of details.  I think
there is such a thing as too much information.  But that's just me.