Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Official Setlists of Toronto and Montreal & In Depth Investigativ e Reporting

Hachkowski, Garrett ghachkowski@kpmg.ca
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:08:03 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C160AD.08E5A140

	Okay everyone, after getting a little bit of sleep (I'm now running
on 9 hours of sleep over 3 days!) my first task at work was to dutifully
report to you, the loyal readers, all the gory details.

Saturday, 5:45pm:  arrive at Scotland Yard with Irina (my wife), only to
discover Melissa from Buffalo has beat us there.  Shortly thereafter James
Smith and his brother (doh! forget his name) show up, as do Jonathan Hart
(the Wave) and his friend Paul.  Talk a lot, eat a bit, almost freak out on
the slow waitress, then head to the Warehouse (Koolhaus is so...wrong) for
8:00.  Stand freezing for 3/4 hour, the only thing keeping us warm is the
exhaust from departing vehicles (inhale, everyone!).  Finally get in, get
frisked for illicit recording devices, which Jonathan seemed to enjoy. =)
While cooling waiting for the warm up act (local group, I forget the name,
but Curtis knows them) we meet up with Curtis Carter (evilbastard) who seems
a lot more nicer than evil; his friend from Belleville (I'm sorry, I'm
horrible with names!); and Indi Trehan.  We're a little over to the left of
centre, and have the best "seats" I've ever had at a concert.  It was sweat
slinging distance, I tell ya!  The warm up act came on, and they were
cherry, to steal the phrase.  The girls behind us thought so too ("I love
you!!!")  The only downer for the evening was, as James said earlier, one
overly inebriated individual who thought I was a perfect doll to throw
around in his excitement over Redneck being played first.  An elbow to the
guy did nothing to disuade him.  Sheesh.  He eventually almost took out 3-4
other music goers when he fell on his a$$ trying to score a drumstick.  He
then disappeared, and everything was peachy.  Other highlights included Rob
wacking one of the little rattles off his 1/3 cymbol mounted on his portable
bongo/tambourine set brought out.  He really gets a kick out of being
destructive, I think. We remembered the time when he didn't like the low
ceiling in some Uni in Oz, and drove his drumsticks through the ceiling
tiles.  They just simply wailed.  I'll be posting my pictures on the web
shortly, stay tuned for an upcoming URL in the next day.  Jon, if you don't
have any web space available, you can mail them to me and I'll post them
(with credit to you, of course).  Playlist is below, sorry but I didn't mark
the accoustic songs....my red pen ran out when writing the names on my arm
(was very difficult to see with red lighting).

Toronto, Oct. 27, 2001
Redneck Wonderland
Bullroarer
Too Much Sunshine
Capricornia
Say Your Prayers
Beds are Burning
Short Memory
Luritja Way
Blue Sky Mine
Truganini
Golden Age
King of the Mountain
The Dead Heart
Forgotten Years
Sometimes
--
Hercules
Put Down that Weapon

We hung around till the very end but the guys ducked out.  Apparently Indi
has the luck of the Irish (or is it Spanish???) as on the way to his room
for the night he ducked in the back entrance while the rental truck was
being loaded up with the Oils' music gear.  He caught up with some of the
guys, and because they were heading to Montreal Sauturday night to get some
much deserved R&R, their rooms weren't going to be used.  Indi scored Jim's
(or someone elses'?) room for the night, falling on the "poor med student"
story. =)  He probably has some genuine rolling papers and tobacco safely
stored from that room....I headed to a Halloween party and got a few hours
of sleep that night before driving with my wife to Montreal for the
following evening's festivities.

We next find our intrepid travellers (James, Indi, Paul, Irina and Garrett)
meeting up with Jess and Brigitte in line promptly at 5:30.  We were keeping
our eyes open for Kelly (who was assumed to be female) and his/her mother.
James in the end found him while waiting for the warm up act, Fidget.  We
also met Andrew from Australia (sorry, I didn't catch your last name, and I
forget your nickname) and his girlfriend who was coming from Boston (I
think) and had an exam this morning.  That is dedication!!!  We tried to
ignore the short little loud man and his equally drunk wife, who insisted on
being invited to Australia to see the Oils live (what, being a row back
isn't considered live???)  It was, however, more difficult to ignore him as
he ripped his shirt off and elbowed abovementioned Boston ladyfriend in the
head...which is when Andrew stepped in.  Most of us PWorkers scored front
and centre board seats.  I was, like Brigitte, literally under PG - it was
only my baseball hat that kept my semi-dry.  However, the energy at the
Spectrum was oh, roughly 80% more than Toronto.  The setlist, which is
below, was almost the same, except for no Capricornia (which my wife has
taken as her theme song), adding Dreamworld, and rearranging a few other
songs.  PG also had a paper airplane thrown up on stage from some PWorker
(we were mentioned!!!) telling him that "Since time is short, there's No
Time for Games".  PG acknowledged that they have not done some of their more
classical songs as of late, but that they were very hard at work on the new
songs.  There was also the blonde chick with curlies who was just asking to
get kicked out.  She kept trying to hop up on stage, and got a record 4-5
warnings from various roadies.  Just about all the guys saw her, and I know
PG gave the roadies a few direct looks...it's a wonder she was allowed to
stay.  Anyhoo, right at the end I scored PG's playlist, but some low level
humanoid (if you're on the list, you should be ashamed of yourself!) ripped
it out of my hand as I jumped for, and got, my very first concert
memorabilia..a used drumstick!!!  Woo hoo!  I was going to see if Rob would
sign it and give it to my wife, since he is now her idol (after Madonna, of
course!).  I think Irina is slowly coming to like them.  Live is, of course,
much better than CD, don't you think? =)  Afterwards we were sorta
disappointed that we couldn't meet the band, cause I also brought my Oilcan
to see if I could get some autographs.  Heck, just meeting them in person
would have been a thrill.

Montreal, Oct. 28, 2001
Redneck Wonderland
Bullroarer
Too Much Sun
Dreamworld
Say Your Prayers
Warakurna
Short Memory
Luritja Way
Blue Sky Mine
Truganini
Golden Age
King of the Mountain
The Dead Heart
Forgotten Years
Sometimes
Beds are Burning
Put Down that Weapon
Hercules
--
In the Valley
Read About It

Irina and I departed Montreal at 12:30am, and arrived home at 5:30 after
doing a bit of "touring car" on the 401 with the transport trucks.  Promptly
dropped off to sleep, and woke up at 10:30 to get ready and go to work.  So,
2 very fast, very intense days, and I'm trying to convince Irina to road
trip with me this coming Thursday through Monday (NJ, NY, Boston &
Washington) and then maybe try for the Tampa and New Orleans, and maybe both
Vancouver stops.  We do, after all, have limited holiday time, but who knows
what I could talk her into? =)  I'll keep people posted on plans....and get
those pictures to you soon!  I hope they didn't all turn out blurry. =)

laterz!
Garrett

Garrett Hachkowski
Application Support-National Shared Services-T&KM
KPMG LLP
Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario  M5L 1B2
Canada
1.416.777.8887
GHachkowski@kpmg.ca

is unauthorized.

the governing KPMG client engagement contract.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C160AD.08E5A140

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Official Setlists of Toronto and Montreal &amp; In Depth Investigati=
ve Reporting</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"=
>Okay everyone, after getting a little bit of sleep (I'm now running on 9 h=
ours of sleep over 3 days!) my first task at work was to dutifully report t=
o you, the loyal readers, all the gory details.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Saturday, 5:45pm:&nbsp; arrive at Scotland=
 Yard with Irina (my wife), only to discover Melissa from Buffalo has beat =
us there.&nbsp; Shortly thereafter James Smith and his brother (doh! forget=
 his name) show up, as do Jonathan Hart (the Wave) and his friend Paul.&nbs=
p; Talk a lot, eat a bit, almost freak out on the slow waitress, then head =
to the Warehouse (Koolhaus is so...wrong) for 8:00.&nbsp; Stand freezing fo=
r 3/4 hour, the only thing keeping us warm is the exhaust from departing ve=
hicles (inhale, everyone!).&nbsp; Finally get in, get frisked for illicit r=
ecording devices, which Jonathan seemed to enjoy. =3D)&nbsp; While cooling =
waiting for the warm up act (local group, I forget the name, but Curtis kno=
ws them) we meet up with Curtis Carter (evilbastard) who seems a lot more n=
icer than evil; his friend from Belleville (I'm sorry, I'm horrible with na=
mes!); and Indi Trehan.&nbsp; We're a little over to the left of centre, an=
d have the best &quot;seats&quot; I've ever had at a concert.&nbsp; It was =
sweat slinging distance, I tell ya!&nbsp; The warm up act came on, and they=
 were cherry, to steal the phrase.&nbsp; The girls behind us thought so too=
 (&quot;I love you!!!&quot;)&nbsp; The only downer for the evening was, as =
James said earlier, one overly inebriated individual who thought I was a pe=
rfect doll to throw around in his excitement over Redneck being played firs=
t.&nbsp; An elbow to the guy did nothing to disuade him.&nbsp; Sheesh.&nbsp=
; He eventually almost took out 3-4 other music goers when he fell on his a=
$$ trying to score a drumstick.&nbsp; He then disappeared, and everything w=
as peachy.&nbsp; Other highlights included Rob wacking one of the little ra=
ttles off his 1/3 cymbol mounted on his portable bongo/tambourine set broug=
ht out.&nbsp; He really gets a kick out of being destructive, I think. We r=
emembered the time when he didn't like the low ceiling in some Uni in Oz, a=
nd drove his drumsticks through the ceiling tiles.&nbsp; They just simply w=
ailed.&nbsp; I'll be posting my pictures on the web shortly, stay tuned for=
 an upcoming URL in the next day.&nbsp; Jon, if you don't have any web spac=
e available, you can mail them to me and I'll post them (with credit to you=
, of course).&nbsp; Playlist is below, sorry but I didn't mark the accousti=
c songs....my red pen ran out when writing the names on my arm (was very di=
fficult to see with red lighting).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Toronto, Oct. 27, 2001</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Redneck Wonderland</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Bullroarer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Too Much Sunshine</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Capricornia</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Say Your Prayers</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Beds are Burning</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Short Memory</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Luritja Way</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Blue Sky Mine</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Truganini</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Golden Age</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">King of the Mountain</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Dead Heart</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Forgotten Years</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sometimes</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">--</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hercules</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Put Down that Weapon</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Dreamworld</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">--</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In the Valley (accoustic)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Read About It</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We hung around till the very end but the g=
uys ducked out.&nbsp; Apparently Indi has the luck of the Irish (or is it S=
panish???) as on the way to his room for the night he ducked in the back en=
trance while the rental truck was being loaded up with the Oils' music gear=
.&nbsp; He caught up with some of the guys, and because they were heading t=
o Montreal Sauturday night to get some much deserved R&amp;R, their rooms w=
eren't going to be used.&nbsp; Indi scored Jim's (or someone elses'?) room =
for the night, falling on the &quot;poor med student&quot; story. =3D)&nbsp=
; He probably has some genuine rolling papers and tobacco safely stored fro=
m that room....I headed to a Halloween party and got a few hours of sleep t=
hat night before driving with my wife to Montreal for the following evening=
's festivities.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We next find our intrepid travellers (Jame=
s, Indi, Paul, Irina and Garrett) meeting up with Jess and Brigitte in line=
 promptly at 5:30.&nbsp; We were keeping our eyes open for Kelly (who was a=
ssumed to be female) and his/her mother.&nbsp; James in the end found him w=
hile waiting for the warm up act, Fidget.&nbsp; We also met Andrew from Aus=
tralia (sorry, I didn't catch your last name, and I forget your nickname) a=
nd his girlfriend who was coming from Boston (I think) and had an exam this=
 morning.&nbsp; That is dedication!!!&nbsp; We tried to ignore the short li=
ttle loud man and his equally drunk wife, who insisted on being invited to =
Australia to see the Oils live (what, being a row back isn't considered liv=
e???)&nbsp; It was, however, more difficult to ignore him as he ripped his =
shirt off and elbowed abovementioned Boston ladyfriend in the head...which =
is when Andrew stepped in.&nbsp; Most of us PWorkers scored front and centr=
e board seats.&nbsp; I was, like Brigitte, literally under PG - it was only=
 my baseball hat that kept my semi-dry.&nbsp; However, the energy at the Sp=
ectrum was oh, roughly 80% more than Toronto.&nbsp; The setlist, which is b=
elow, was almost the same, except for no Capricornia (which my wife has tak=
en as her theme song), adding Dreamworld, and rearranging a few other songs=
.&nbsp; PG also had a paper airplane thrown up on stage from some PWorker (=
we were mentioned!!!) telling him that &quot;Since time is short, there's N=
o Time for Games&quot;.&nbsp; PG acknowledged that they have not done some =
of their more classical songs as of late, but that they were very hard at w=
ork on the new songs.&nbsp; There was also the blonde chick with curlies wh=
o was just asking to get kicked out.&nbsp; She kept trying to hop up on sta=
ge, and got a record 4-5 warnings from various roadies.&nbsp; Just about al=
l the guys saw her, and I know PG gave the roadies a few direct looks...it'=
s a wonder she was allowed to stay.&nbsp; Anyhoo, right at the end I scored=
 PG's playlist, but some low level humanoid (if you're on the list, you sho=
uld be ashamed of yourself!) ripped it out of my hand as I jumped for, and =
got, my very first concert memorabilia..a used drumstick!!!&nbsp; Woo hoo!&=
nbsp; I was going to see if Rob would sign it and give it to my wife, since=
 he is now her idol (after Madonna, of course!).&nbsp; I think Irina is slo=
wly coming to like them.&nbsp; Live is, of course, much better than CD, don=
't you think? =3D)&nbsp; Afterwards we were sorta disappointed that we coul=
dn't meet the band, cause I also brought my Oilcan to see if I could get so=
me autographs.&nbsp; Heck, just meeting them in person would have been a th=
rill.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Montreal, Oct. 28, 2001</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Redneck Wonderland</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Bullroarer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Too Much Sun</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Dreamworld</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Say Your Prayers</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Warakurna</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Short Memory</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Luritja Way</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Blue Sky Mine</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Truganini</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Golden Age</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">King of the Mountain</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Dead Heart</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Forgotten Years</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sometimes</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Beds are Burning</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Put Down that Weapon</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hercules</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">--</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In the Valley</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Read About It</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Irina and I departed Montreal at 12:30am, =
and arrived home at 5:30 after doing a bit of &quot;touring car&quot; on th=
e 401 with the transport trucks.&nbsp; Promptly dropped off to sleep, and w=
oke up at 10:30 to get ready and go to work.&nbsp; So, 2 very fast, very in=
tense days, and I'm trying to convince Irina to road trip with me this comi=
ng Thursday through Monday (NJ, NY, Boston &amp; Washington) and then maybe=
 try for the Tampa and New Orleans, and maybe both Vancouver stops.&nbsp; W=
e do, after all, have limited holiday time, but who knows what I could talk=
 her into? =3D)&nbsp; I'll keep people posted on plans....and get those pic=
tures to you soon!&nbsp; I hope they didn't all turn out blurry. =3D)</FONT=
></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">laterz!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Garrett</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Garrett Hachkowski</FON=

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Application Support-Na=
tional Shared Services-T&amp;KM</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">KPMG LLP</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Commerce Court West</F=

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Toronto, Ontario&nbsp;=
 M5L 1B2</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Canada</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#008080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">1.416.777.8887</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#C0C0C0" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">GHachkowski@kpmg.ca&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT>=20
</P>
<BR>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
***<BR>
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged=
.<BR>
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone els=
e<BR>
is unauthorized.<BR>
 <BR>
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distributio=
n<BR>
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited=
<BR>
and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice<B=

contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed i=
n<BR>
the governing KPMG client engagement contract.<BR>
***<BR>
</FONT></CODE></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C160AD.08E5A140--