Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Montreal show news

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:20:06 -0600 (MDT)

Sounds like you'll just have to sing along to every song you know, and
scream your heart out after the ones you don't, meanwhile convincing
the rest of the audience to do the same :)

Speaking of ticket sales, now that I've been back from the Vegas
concert for almost 2 weeks, people keep saying to my wife or me that
they love the Oils and would have gone to an Oils concert in Salt
Lake City.  The Vegas show was nowhere near sold out (unless lots of
people just didn't show), and I can't help but think that, even if
most of the ticketbuyers in SLC might be the type that only know D&D &
BSM, they might have had a better turnout here.  I guess I just need
to convince these closet Oils fans to buy more Oils CDs. ;)

Henry K.
 }However it must give them a bad feeling to know that in Montreal, tickets
 }are not selling: people don't care to see them...They might be less
 }motivated to play than for a room overloaded with screamin fans and they
 }might not make plans to return...I'd hate for them to be
 }disappointed...especially when for me it's THE treat of year. I want to
 }make a sign that says: "Audience: it's not the quantity, it's the quality!"
 }
 }Well anyway...that's the news on the Mtl front. We'll see how it goes.
 }
 }Brigitte