Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Neil Finn DVD

jccuneo@bellsouth.net jccuneo@bellsouth.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:10:43 -0500

As far as seeing if you can do region 4, it depends on your DVD-ROM.  Have
a look here for utilities to unlock your drive:

http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/

Gotta love the RIAA for their antics in getting region coding as a standard
(its actually not aimed at piracy but more at price fixing).  The RIAA is
about as evil an entity in the US as I can think of.  You would not
*believe* what they tried to slip into the recent anti-terrorism bill in
congress.  Have a look here:

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47552,00.html

They tried to slip in an amendment that would allow them to legally hack
into anyone's computer to search for and destroy illegal recordings *and*
hold themselves blameless for any coincidental damage.  Talk about
Orwellian - 1984 here we come.  Luckily it did not make it in.

A LMOC: Man all these reports are driving me nuts!  The guys just need to
skip over to Atlanta quick to get going on this part of the tour! ;-))

Jacques