Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Hello

Mark McKay mkmck24@home.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:24:11 -0400

Hi to all you Midnight Oil fans out there. I just found and subscribed to
this list, and wanted to say hello.

I've seen the band 4 times, but not in the past 4 years or so. I'm looking
forward to the show on 11/3 in Boston, at Avalon. My wife and brother will
be going with me, and my brother has been an Oils fan for a long time. He
also had an unusual experience at a show in San Diego a few years ago. He
was sitting in the second row, off to the side of the stage. The stage had
wings jutting off to either side, and Peter vaulted from the main stage to a
wing...right over my brother's head. Needless to say, he was a bit surprised
at that. I've never seen them in a club, so this should be fun.

One question...does anyone know the band's policy or attitude about tapers?
If they're cool with tapers, do they ever allow soundboard patches? I'd love
to bring along the D8 without having to stealth it (with security these
days, I may not even get it in), and of course will be happy to share the
results with the list.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark