Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Anaheim show

Ray Gilstrap ratogi@soe.ucsc.edu
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:57:58 -0700 (PDT)

</lurk>

Wow... My ears are still ringing, my head still hurts, and my voice is
still scratchy.  But it was worth every minute.  This was my first(!) live
show in 11 years of listening to the Oils, and I was amazed at the energy
of both the band and the crowd.  I've seen "Black Rain Falls" and the
"20,000 Watt R.S.L" dvd, but there's nothing like being there.  Rob in
particular looked like he was having the time of his life.

I'm another one of the Northern California faithful who had to make the
trek south because I will be on a plane (and keeping my fingers crossed)
when they take the stage at the Fillmore on Thursday ("me too" on the
posters if someone's planning to grab a few).  Had to come back home
today, but hopefully my crazy schedule will let me catch the Portland show
to bookend the tour.

Scott... great to meet you guys too.  I'm sure we'll cross paths at a
future west coast show.  Let me know how Hollywood is.

Indi... great to see you again.  Thanks again for the hookup in Cory Hall
way back when.

~r

ps: Are there any musicians in the Bay Area who like playing Oils stuff?
It would be cool to jam sometime...