Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the Ever Elusive Martin

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 06:06:22 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0132021006088780_ID

After reading all these reports, (And making me sick in the
process) I've noticed that no one ever seems to talk to Martin.
He always manages to slip away. Has anyone every spoken to
him. He really does seem to be the quiet man of the band. He
doesn't write much stuff either. I wonder does he share the
strong sentiments of Rob/Jim/Pete. What about some info on
him? All the other band members have released other
projects, but what about Martin. Does he just go home to his
family after touring with the Oils?
Just wondering
Cheers
Stephen
P.S. Just noticed they played Wharf Rat in Portland. What a
rare treat you lucky Oreganos.

course, they
> were all very nice and happy to talk to those of us who
braved the
> elements.
>
> During the show, Peter commented that for the final outing
they would play
> some stuff requested by the crew. Of course, it was plain
awesome.

> Set list as played:
>
> 1. Redneck Wonderland
> 2. Bullroarer
> 3. Too Much Sunshine
> 4. Dreamworld
> 5. Say Your Prayers
> 6. Beds Are Burning
> 7. Short Memory
> 8. Time To Heal
> 9. Luritja Way
> 10. Blue Sky Mine
> 11. Truganini
> 12. Bus To Bondi
> 13. Golden Age
> 14. Brave Faces
> 15. Dead Heart
> 16. Forgotten Years
> 17. King of the Mountain
>
> (1st encore)
> 18. Wharf Rat
> 19. Know Your Product
> 20. Sometimes
>
> (2nd encore)
> 21. Read About It
>
> Of course, my ears are still ringing and my head still hurts.
Of course,