Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Ears ringing, Sweat Pouring

Peter Scott Poitras pete.poitras@the-spa.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:45:42 -0500

Hmm.  Weird that prices went up for that Polo shirt...they were $50 in
Boston.  Does that mean that a different organization is selling the shirts
in Seattle and can set their own prices, or did whoever's in charge of that
decide that they could get a better price for them in Seattle?  Weird...

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of btpmsi
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 12:44 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Ears ringing, Sweat Pouring

All,

$60 for a polo shirt? Yikes.....

The Seattle show went off with a very enthusiastic crowd at the Showbox last
night. (the place was very near its 900 person capacity) The rain stopped
just in time for us to get in line and wait w/out getting soaked.  Nearly 20
workers and friends staked out stagefront from center to stage right. Al
from Long Beach, Brian and C-ko from Seattle, Henry from BC, Diana From
Alaska, The Walkers from the Bay area, Schaf and Sarah from Portland, Great
to meet everyone! "Only the Strong" and "Time to Heal" were the two
variations from most of the setlists I've seen. Great sound. I found myself
watching Martin most of the night. What an awesome player!! Bones unstrapped
his bass and hung it on Peter to play the end of one song.
Three encores! They came on about 10:35pm and played straight through til
12:30am. Two full hours of rockin! They looked tired, but as many have said
before, they are very much influenced by the energy coming off of the
audience. And there was plenty of that. They responded in very convincing
fashion.

The guys visited KMTN radio in the PM before the show and played a  few
songs live in the studio, did anyone record that?

Al caught a Drumstick from Rob and later gave it to me!!! Woohoo! Whataguy.
He also grabbed a setlist and gave it to Diana from Anchorage, AK. :O)

My friend Tom's (Oils newbie) comment pretty well summed it up: "I've never
seen a band work harder for my ticket............" :O)

Next up Portland!

Brian Perkins
West Linn, OR