Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] old news and a question about the dryer vent

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:10:52 EST

In a message dated 11/10/01 6:08:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chosarou@yahoo.com writes:
<<   Tuesday my uncle died.

I'm sorry to hear this -- my sympathies!

<<<<<<<
  I did notice that Rob's
 nifty automatic swing-away microphone is actually
 manual-  a little hand came out from behind the stack
 of sound equipment beside the drum kit & turned the
 stand.  >>

Very cool!! I had been wondering about that during the show in Washington,
DC. Since I was standing right in front of Jim, I couldn't see behind the
speakers that were behind Bones and next to Rob.

Question: Why does Rob have that tube thing that looks like plastic wrapped
around a spring (that is, like a clothes dryer vent pipe) attached to his
drum kit? Does he have a fan at the other end to blow cool air onto his
sweaty face? Just curious here!

Thanks in advance,
Patty in Maryland