Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Back from...

Brigitte Mounier bmounier@fabimages.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:03:31 -0500

Well, here I am, 4 days, 6 planes, 2 rental cars, 2 shows and a LOT of
lines (show lines, security lines, boarding lines, car lines...all but coke
lines) later.
Tampa had a perfect temperature, New Orleans was (what else?) hot and
Montreal is bloody freezing. Amen.
You may notice my newfound Southern drawl (y'all)...
Well, veni, vidi, I'm not sure about vici...
I came, I saw and....I'm thinking about my conclusions.
St-Petersburg show was ok but the crowd seemed so COOL after the frenzy of
Montreal! Then I heard somebody saying "Yeah, the crowd was better than
last night wasn't it?" (in Orlando) and I almost fell over.
As far as crew, nicest people I've talked to were the Australians. The US
support people I talked to were curt and unpleasant as hell. Really nasty.
Perhaps they thought I look like a terrorist... Or even worse, a groupie...
But all the fans I met were super nice.
Of interest to the list, I might mention than while I was talking with
Peter, he mentionned how he kind of read it ( the list), a couple of years
back, but was thrown back, I think, by what he saw as extreme
interpretation and extrapolation on the songs, the meanings etc. So he felt
that it was OK but not representative of him or what they meant and stopped
reading it. Something like that. He is, however, appreciative of the
support.

I'm ready for 2002!!!!!!!

Brigitte