Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Current Players

Margaret Benzer benzer@mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:33:13 -0700

My current list is quite ecclectic, just like my taste in music.  In the last
month, these have been in my CD/tape player:

Midnight Oil--10..1, Red Sails, DD, BSM, 20KW RSL
Whitlams--Eternal Nightcap, Love This City
Alex Lloyd--My Way Home (CD single w/ Armistace Day)
Arrogant Worms--Idiot Road, Live Bait, Russell's Shorts, Dirt
John Rutter--Requiem/I Will Lift Up My Voice

My sister has also loaned me her Will Hoge and Prozac for Lovers CDs, but I
haven't listened to them yet.  And if anyone has heard of the last CD, much
less even listened to it, I will be in shock.  But it is one of the few CDs
that I fall back on when I need comfort.  I learned this requiem shortly after
the death of my grandmother in 1988 so it is really dear to me, and with the
World Trade Center, I kept finding myself singing parts of it as a comfort to
myself as it is a modern-day requiem, written in Latin and English.