Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (LMOC) Australian Election

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:07:47 EST

In a message dated 11/11/01 1:44:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aoffler@iprimus.com.au writes:

<< I wonder what the Oils think of the election result. Another victory for
the Liberals and negativity. At least the Greens did well and One Nation
didnt but then the Liberals are not far from One Nation in their intolerant
attitudes lately anyway. I just saw their campaign director on TV crowing
about the poor Democrats showing. So if they can't be gracious in victory
 Regards Woffles and Anna >>

I can't remember exactly what Peter said during the course of the DC show
(does anybody want to help out my sleepy brain here?), but it something
putting down Howard. But during the brief
sign-autographs-outside-the-tour-bus session, when I asked Peter whether he
thought that Beazley would win, he fround and said "it will be a very
difficult fight" or something like that. So he may not be terribly surprised
at the results even though he doesn't agree with them. Kind of how I feel
about the conservative politicians HITS....

regards,
Patty in Maryland