Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Current Players

Galina Yune lina_yune@msn.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:35:56 -0600

<P>Yes, I heard the Powderworks played on the Jukebox in Italy, when I lived there for 2 years when I was teens.&nbsp; I had no clue, who did that song back then, but it sure rocked!&nbsp; There was that something special about it (took me back when I was 8 and heard Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf).&nbsp; Then, I totally forgot about that song, and the whole thing came back when I was in college in the 80s, and heard Generals, and the whole Red Sails in The Sunset album along with.....Powderworks tape!&nbsp; It brought my memories right back, and I pursued to know a little more....</P>
<P>Then, Diesel and Dust....I only saw Midnight Oils 4 times alltogether, but confess, those were my 4 most favorite shows out of many (saw Steppenwolf 200+ times) shows I've seen so far.&nbsp; I even use some of the Oils songs to teach my 10 year old daughter.&nbsp; She used Short Memory song in her school project, on Terrorism :-)&nbsp; She got A+!</P>
<P>If I even try to describe, what Oils mean to me..I could probably write a book.&nbsp; At the House of Blues, Chicago - Sunday show, I was very fortunate to talk to all the guys, even said Hi to Martin, and when I would sing - I would stare right at Martin, and even caught him singing.</P>
<P>I've met, and in almost daily contact with the band members from Steppenwolf band, and when I see them play - I always go backstage, and even end up helping them.&nbsp; And some of my Steppenwolf friends they were at the all H&amp;B shows singing right along with Oils.</P>
<P>Ok, I better quit, and get back to work.</P>Lina</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: thewave@oils-forever.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Current Players
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:07:52 +0000 (GMT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Wow, you were exposed to Midnight Oil in 1977?!?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;This brings up a question: Does anyone know how the band dates itself? In other words, what year was their genesis? I ask because the Blue Meanie has a copyright date of 1978, and I figure they were around a little while before that.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;My point is that if they (as in 4 of the 5) have not yet been together as a band for 25 years, that mark should be coming up soon.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Can anyone elaborate? Thanks in advance,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Jonathan
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From : Galina Yune <LINA_YUNE@MSN.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To : powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date : 09 November 2001 17:53:55
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject : Re: [Powderworks] Current Players
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ok, here it goes.....(I think I tried to post before really early AM, but I think I had a brain fart, and sent it to wrong people....hehehe). Anyways,....
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Steppenwolf and Midnight Oils are my definite 2 most favourite bands.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I 've been a veteran fan for Steppenwolf since 8 years old...
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Midnight Oils were my favourite since 1977.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Lina
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Get a fun email address at http://another.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;COOL: Personalise a t-shirt with your name/email/slogan
<DIV></DIV>&gt;from 9.99 pounds. CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com