Midnight Oil

: [Powderworks] Second, and sometimes first, favourite band

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:31:42 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0063121005327098_ID

You've got a real Celtic theme going there. You should check
out Ian Mcnabb if you like them. Personally I don't like him,
but he does a lot of work with Mike Scott, and they are quite
similar.
As for Nick Cave...I happened upon them when I was in Tel
Aviv a few years ago. I had nothing to do and thought I'd
check out the gig. I had heard his Greatest Hits only. Never in
my life has someone made such a big impression on me so
quickly. What a concert. Stagger Lee from the Murder Ballads
album, just blew me away. What a story. It jumped straight
into my top 3 concerts, along with the Oils in Belgium 1993
and Crowded House also in Belgium in 1992 (I asked Neil Finn
to play Throw Your Arms Around Me at the end of the concert,
which he very kindly did....It was written by Crowded House's
Bassists Brother...Mark Seymour from Hunters & Collectors).
Later
Stephen

<HelstJR@HPD.Abbott.com>
> Date 09/11/2001 18:16:08
>
> Come on, Oilers. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the
Waterboys. Their