Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Current Players NMOC

lou loulou@zip.com.au
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:15:40 +1100

my turn...these are some of the cd's I took down the coast this week...

The Church - Hologram Of Baal, Priest=Aura (and about 4 others, I admit)
Steve Kilbey - Acoustic and Intimate, Narcosis
Margot Smith - Taste
Clouds - Penny Century
You Am I - Dress Me Slowly
Oz Crawl - More Wharf (greatest hits)
Palladium - Sister Flute and the Sunday Best
Depeche Mode - Ultra (have to buy the new one, Exciter, soon)
Hoodoo Gurus - Armchair/Electric Gurus
Matt Finish - Short Note
Tall Tales and True - Revenge!
Warp Factor 9 - Five Days in a Photon Belt
Melanie Oxley/Chris Abrahams - Jerusalem Bay
Soundtracks from Monkey Grip, Trainspotting, The Crow
New Order - Get Ready
Velvet Underground - Best of
Elvis Costello - King of America

and sundry jazz cds

Stephen beat me to The Church...dammit...you know, between all the new
Church and Kilbey releases at the moment I'm struggling to keep up...

and Patrick mentioned Devo...Devo are too cool. have you heard Lene
Lovich's cover of Be Stiff? it's as good if not better (but then I love Lene)

orright, enuff guff
Lou

At 09:36 9/11/01 +0000, Maurice R. Kelly wrote:
>On Nov 9, Travis Zanoni wrote:
>
> > Anyway...I'll start the ball rolling.  So here's my current rotation
> > list...in no particular order.
> >
> > Weezer - "Weezer" (The Green Album)
> > Something For Kate - "Echolalia"
> > New Order - "Get Ready"
> > Gorillaz - ?
> > Hoodoo Gurus - Electric Soup
> > Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
> > Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind
> > Radiohead - The Bends

come up and see my etchings...no, really...
http://www.geocities.com/loubottle/

the site I run about a band I really like
http://www.geocities.com/matt_finish_site/