Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Atlanta Set List

Jill Sweetapple sweetapplej@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:10:21 +0000

Oh God I'm exhausted in the most wonderful and happy way!
First things first:

Redneck
Too Much Sunshine
Sell My Soul
Dreamworld
Overpass (on list, not played)
Beds
One Country
Luritja
Blue Sky
Truganini
Strong/Concrete (this was how it was written on the list...Strong was
played, Concrete was not)
Golden Age
King
Dead Heart
Forgotten Years
Hercules
----
Valley/Mozzie (Valley was played, Mozzie was not)
Power and the Passion

Thanks to the wonderful man that let me copy his setlist onto the back of a
poster, I didn't get one myself.  A huge thanks to Indi and Jacques Cuneo
who I hung out with and we saved each others' places.  Stood at the very
front of the stage right in front of Peter and the show was awesome.  It's
really amazing how quickly 90 minutes goes!

Talked to everyone but Peter before and after the show.  Bones was sorry
there wasn't more within walking distance of Earthlink, guess he took a
walk.  Rob is extremely friendly and when I said thanks for coming, he said
thanks for having us or something similar.  I guess there is nearly an album
worth of Fuzzface material, but Jim says he's afraid to put too much out
because it might not be any good!  I almost smacked him, but my hands were
shaking way too badly.  Martin said he couldn't really tell if the seated
people were moving around much.

I'm still coming down as it were, and I look forward to hearing everyone
else's memories.  Right now I can only really remember shaking Jim Moginie's
hand.  I may never wash it again!

Jill in Atlanta

Blue ball of life
Moon and the tide
Earth is alive

Earth and Sun and Moon - Midnight Oil

"One vision, one people, one landmass,
We are defenseless, we have a lifeline
One ocean, one policy, seabed lies,
One passion, one movement, one instant, one difference
One lifetime, one understanding
Transgression, redemption, one island, our placemat
One firmament, one element, one moment, one fusion, yes and one time"

One Country - Midnight Oil