Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: B-sides [an old post]

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:39:02 -0600

Dazza wrote  >
> As another note the Poor Boys went on to shorten their names
> to the Poor
> because of problems with a band in the US or UK that had the
> same moniker
> and one of the members of the band (the drummer I think) is a
> brother to
> Angus and Malcolm Young (AC/DC fame).

And who could forget their timeless pub rock anthem "More wine, waiter
please"

I know i almost have.

> Cheers
>
> Dazza
>
> Speaking of 80's Oz Rock, what ever happened to the Electric
> Pandas (I'd
> still like to meet the girl that sung for those guys ;-))

That'd be Lynn Buckfield. She's pretty cluey and fairly high up in the
current affairs production dept at ABC TV.

Vince