Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Birch Hill Review

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:43:29 -0700 (MST)

I just got my Tribute CD today (I preordered, but AirMail still can
take a while)!  So, I'm listening, and I litterally just listened to
the Regurgitators "Stand In Line", and I have to agree, they totally
re-invented it!  If there was an award being given for most use of
"artistic license" while covering a Midnight Oil song, the
Regurgitators win!  If you're not expecting an Oily-sounding song, you
might like it, but if you're expecting an Oily-sounding "Stand In
Line", you'll be better off skipping track 6.  I'm only on track 8
now, but so far, it all sounds pretty good.  Granted, it's not the
Oils, but that's why the album cover tells you it's various artists.
Fair enough warning, I think ;)

Henry K.

 }Rob was great too, and we talked about Cloudstreet (a novel by Tim Winton,
 }an aussie classic, and also made into an award winning theatre production),
 }and the TRIBUTE album. He said he like about half of the songs but gave
 }special mention to Regurgitators "Stand In Line" ("They totally re-invented
 }it!") and Frenzel Rhombs Dead Heart. He seems to like the gurge. I remember
 }him saying good things about them in the past. My brother got him to sign
 }one of the white stars on the aussie falg and he commented that he wouldn't
 }sign the Union Jack!
 }
 }<snip>
 }Craig