Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Midnight Oil set list NYC

Filmgrips@aol.com Filmgrips@aol.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:52:24 EST

These are the songs Midnight Oil played at The World, in Times Square, in New
York on November 2, 2001.  I wrote down the songs and got a set list from the
sound mixer.  For some reason, the set list has "Put Down that Weapon" as
"Tone Poem."  Maybe it is an inside joke.

This sold out show was again high energy, as were all three shows I've seen.
Lots of Aussies attended.  Garrett talked between most songs.  He made a
number of jokes.  There was a runway protruding from the stage.  Garrett
walked down this several times and twice made jokes about Brittany Spears use
of this runway.   During "King of the Mountain," Garrett allowed over a dozen
audience members to dance on the runway.  They climbed off after the song was
over.  Garrett briefly mentioned the World Trade Center attack, though not by
name, and referred to it another time.

Again, it was a great show.  The three new songs are excellent.  I am psyched
for the new CD.  By the way, they did not play "In The Valley" in the Jersey
show.  Of course, since Jane and I were only 10 feet away from the band in
Jersey, that was the most enjoyable show to attend.  All three shows had a
similar energy level.  The band was obviously pumped to play NYC and Garrett
talked much more during this show.  He knew that many of his countrymen were
in the audience.

1-Redneck Wonderland
2-Bullroarer
3-Too Much Sunshine (new song)