Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Seattle and Portland

btpmsi btpmsi@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:35:35 -0800

Seattle:

Did I miss the time/location of the Pre-Gig function?

Portland:

We're still aiming for a 4:30-5:00pm start time at the Bridgeport Brewing
Co. Here's the Poop from their Web site:

   BRIDGEPORT BREW PUB
OREGON'S FIRST BREWPUB

 Oregon's oldest craft brewery, BridgePort® Brewing Company was founded in
1984 (that's a long time ago in craft brewing). The brewery and adjacent
Brew Pub are located in Portland's historic Pearl District at 1313 NW
Marshall St.

The imposing three story building is a more than a century old. In the
summer, vines of Willamette Valley hops cover the outside of the building
where you can sit at a table out on the original loading dock.

 BridgePort India Pale Ale and Porter are served directly from the Firkin or
on draught. These naturally conditioned ales are brewed using traditional,
labor intensive techniques to achieve ales that are rich, smooth and full of
flavor. We also serve traditional ales, including Amber, BridgePort ESB, and
Black Strap Stout™. Brewed in the true styles originated by the great
breweries of Ireland and England, these ales are complex yet balanced for
quaffability. BridgePort Amber and our heritage ale, Blue Heron is also on
tap.

Through the large windows behind the bar you can see the brewery hard at
work.

 The great pizza with a crust made from unfermented beer wort for a nutty
taste and texture, topped with fresh seasonal vegies can be enjoyed in
several rooms. An entire area is devoted to families. And another room has
come to be designated "the quiet room" where you can wind down away from the
other activity.

Hours
   11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
   11:30 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday
   11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. on Sunday.
A no smoking pub.
503-241-3612
Keg-To-Go Line: 503-241-2515

Find the pub with Yahoo Maps, or Mapquest.com.

C-ya there!

Brian Perkins
West Linn, OR
Cell 503-421-4271