Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NJ / NYC/Boston

mdntoil ninajill73@hotmail.com
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 12:29:17 -0500

on 11/3/01 2:30 PM, Chris Nelson at sporto219@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> 3.  The Britney Spears Catwalk...  Both Peter and Will Hoge had fun mocking
> "Britney's Sacred Ground".  I would also like to point out that it was our
> own Worker Nina who led some of the audience members up onto the stage.
> Nice work, Nina!

a dream of a lifetime!!! my knees were buckling, i felt like i was in a
dream. at one point i was face to face with peter (ok, more like, face to
waist with peter) and he was signaling me to move further onto the stage so
more people could get up on stage to dance with him. the song was 'king of
the mountain' - one of my all-time favorites. my friend took pictures, so i
shall post them when they are developed.

on another note.... at all 3 shows i went to , they just rocked! the jersey
show was a little sub-par. it was a bad venue and they seemed to be a bit
calmer. afterward, a few of us got a chance to say hi to the band. rob gave
me a drum stick - i will cherish it forever! they were all complaining about
the venue. rob was like, "isn't there a bruce spingsteen institution we
couldn't have played at". we tried to explain that if they play in jersey
again, they need to play at a club at the shore.

i realized why they were so calm i jersey - they were saving all their
energy for the NY show - they were on fire!!!! i was having flash backs of
the old concert footage from goat island and the capital theater -  i mean,
it was that good! for guys in their later 40's they can still move like 20
somethings!!!

and well. boston - what a way to end my stint of following the band! they
were still on fire from the night before and seemed to add a bit more humor
to the set than the previous nights. i particularly loved the fact that they
played "no time for game". what a truely rare treat! and pete's harmonica
solo (royalty blues) was pretty kick-ass.

well, time to crash for the rest of the day. i am soo tired! how do they
keep doing it day after day! one of life's little mysteries!

caio to all p'workers i've met this time around - chris nelson (my partner
in crime), alan, justin, jeff, (ok, justin and jeff, i think i may be
getting you guys confused, but i know i met one of you!) kevin jones, sena
and jon. ben, i didn't get a chance to talk to you at the ny show, but i did
see you from atop of the stage! and to everyone else i met, but who's name i
forgot, i look forward to see you at the shows in the spring!

go oils!

nina