Midnight Oil

Subject: Sco Mo Memory (Must have a) - Oils reference?
From: tr_espen@yahoo.com.au
Date: 24/05/2016, 8:02 am

In 2012 Treasurer and former Immigration Minister Scott Morrison was on a TV political talk panel with Peter Garrett and Billy Bragg.  Asked whether he grew up with protest music the man accused of calculated cruelty shocked many when he said "I used to listen to Peter a lot, though, so I suppose he can take some responsibility for my political activiism". PG was gobsmacked.  Billy Bragg replied "You surprise me Scott" as a million viewers at home gagged and sprayed their chai lattes at their TV screens.

Perhaps Sco Mo's Oils experience still reverberates within.  A newspaper today claims that a report designed to attack Labor's plans to stop tax concessions for real estate investment or "negative gearing" (said to stop first home-buyers), was provided to Scott Morrison after he met a real estate friend.

It's titled "Short Memory: Negative Gearing and Capital Gains Tax: Foundations of the New Australian Housing Model".

Tom