Midnight Oil

Subject: NMOC:
From: Alan Leventhal
Date: 11/01/2014, 4:39 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Sorry to say I misread the TV schedule to inform you all that Will Hoge who opened for Midnight Oil in the USA in 2001 or 2002 was on The Late Show with David Letterman on Thursday night.  I assume at some point the video will be posted on Letterman's site, but as of this writing it's not up yet.

But, the better part of this is Mr. Hoge's song choice.  He starts to play and I say to myself, I just heard this song.  Lucky for me I had DVRd the show.  I rewind and 10 minutes earlier Mr. Hoge's song appeared in a Chevy Truck Commercial.  WHAT A SELLOUT!

I betcha Oscar Lima (they opened for the Oils in Australia in 2000) didn't sell their song to an advertising agency.

AL