Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] The best guitar solo ever
From: James Warren
Date: 19/07/2012, 3:40 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
CC: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Yes! I'd vote for Scream in Blue or Surfing With A Spoon.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2012, at 8:38 AM, "Koala Sprint" <koala.sprint@gmail.com> wrote:

I completely disagree, however I think that even if everyone on this list agrees on one track, and sends it to the Guardian it still wouldn't reach a final list as they're just not that well known. You'll find commercial stuff like Sweet Child of Mine, Stairway to Heaven and maybe She sells sanctuary, but I doubt you'll see any surprises.
Scream in Blue is an awesome guitar track and the way the insane guitar shredding segues into the most tranquil single note piano track still gives me goosepimples.

Stephen

From: Stephan Jänsch <stephan.jaensch@googlemail.com>
Sender: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:53:01 +0200
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
ReplyTo: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Sorry to say this, but while Jim and Martin beyond doubt are very
respectable guitar players none of the Oils guitar solos are qualified
for that competion...