Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] NMOC - photo needed of Australian plant species
From: david earle
Date: 8/12/2010, 7:53 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi Mike,

Don't have any myself, but a quick Google search turned up a rather amazing number of hits (I had no idea it was such a popular species!)

This one (not in flower) is from Wikicommons, which I think means copyright might not be an issue, but as mentioned there are heaps of other images.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Banksia_attenuata.jpg

Another option is to contact the Australian National Botanic Gardens, who have a collection of digital images.  Info regarding the photo collection, including an email contact, can be found here:

http://anbg.gov.au/photo/image-collection.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers
David