Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Hey! I remember that fish ...
From: "Tom" <tomspencer@eml.cc>
Date: 15/07/2010, 11:56 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

What's not to like about "Surf's Up Tonight", Oilman?  Big, fat, lazy sound, splashy references ...

And "One too many times".  A simple ditty.  Restrained.  Seeps into one's day and memory, fills up every corner like it's born in black and white...

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, david earle <canadavros@...> wrote:

Glad to hear there's two of us!

Breathe's funny - seems to be the least liked MO album on the Powdies list. I must admit that everytime I hear it I like it more - Sins of omission is great, with that menacing intro. I even like the rolling guitar picking sounds at the intro (and other points) of One too many times.

From: The Oilman <TheOilman@...>
Subject: Re: [powderworks] Hey!  I remember that fish ...
To: "david earle" <canadavros@...>

You're not the only one who likes it, but that
album sure had some clunkers. Surfs Up Tonight and One Too Many Times are my least favorite Oils songs.