Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Recycled Oil as hit to become anthem for new generation
From: Tim Hunter
Date: 16/09/2009, 9:46 pm
To: excessivedissent
CC: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Personally I get an immediate auditory flash of 'We are the world', followed
quickly thereafter by a sense of dread and revulsion.

Sounds like it's going to trash my positive impression about the song.

It is a good cause, of course, so I'll just have to hope for the best.

tim

On 16 September 2009 at 01:00, excessivedissent wrote:

  #I made an attempt to match these lyrics changes to the original rhythm, and wound up kind of... well, confused. I'm optimistic about it, though, I'll say that much.
  #
  #Were it not for the obvious fact that "Beds" wasn't the band's most recognized song, I'd ask if that was REALLY the best song to re-purpose. I ignored this idea at the time, though.
  #
  #--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, "mrnoisyinc" <nathan@...> wrote:
  #>
  #> http://www.smh.com.au/national/recycled-oil-as-hit-to-become-anthem-for-new-generation-20090915-fppg.html