Midnight Oil

Subject: Re:Oils places
From: "Peter Toluzzi" <petert23@comcast.net>
Date: 9/01/2009, 9:13 am

I saw The Oils at the Avalon RSL Club back in 79 0r 80… also at a hotel somewhere in deep south Sydney, not far from Cronulla (obviously I know the Northern Beaches better!), where they played together with INXS, soon after they changed their name from The Farris Brothers, that would be early 1980… any other Workers at that gig, or know the one I’m talking about?  Oh, we saw them in Champaign, IL, at the Assembly Hall, and also at The Metro in Chicago, mid-80’s…  also in Minneapolis at the Orpheum Theater, 89 or so…  Put them on the map!    My sister still lives two blocks from the old Narrabeen Antlers, which had a different name when I was last there ten years ago.  Is it all rubble now?

Cheers, PeterT