Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Advice on trading live shows from "the office"
From: Poudouvrier
Date: 11/10/2008, 1:05 am
To: Powderworks

Hi everybody.

Yes Stephan, I'm still on the list. Quite quiet but there!
My pages have moved to http://mandonnet.jeremie.neuf.fr
<http://mandonnet.jeremie.neuf.fr> and the live review is up to date
with the infos I have.
Off course, there is a lot of shows missing but it's hard to find... If
someone can help...
By the way, the live recordings known to exist are indicated with a smiley.
I have a large part of these recordings with length and quality listed
on the bootlegs page but I do not have everything...

For those who have Dimeadozen.org access, our great friend Jeff puts a
lot of shows there for download (thanks for the community mate!).

Cheers,
Jeremie.

Stephan Jänsch a écrit :

Ah, yes, excellent. So, who's up for revising that list? Jeremie, that
is a fantastic compilation! Would you be willing to coordinate that
revision? You're an obvious first choice. If not I'd be ready to do
that. I'm thinking of an expanded table that also contains the source of
the recording (radio/TV, soundboard, audience), a sound quality rating
and a "remarks" column. If we can agree on a common rating system each
collector who wants to contribute can check his/her list and give input.
The quality rating would then simply be the mean value of all opinions.
Along the way also some date/venue inconsistencies could be resolved.
The final list should be provided to the band through the "Office". Who
knows, maybe in the end we're in a position to set up a fan-site where
"approved" recordings can be offered for free download, e.g. with
fan-created artwork, something like the Oils Live Project. I know that's
far-fetched but let's see where the process will take us.

Cheers,

Stephan

Fab schrieb:
Stephan Jänsch wrote:
Well, there used to be the "Oils Live Review" page at
http://theoils.chez.tiscali.fr <http://theoils.chez.tiscali.fr> but
the site is down. It was a
compilation of all known Oils shows and if there was a recording of
each show. That would be a great basis to start from. Is the person
who compiled this still on this list? Of course it would have to be
reviewed and some indication of the source/quality of the recordings
be given.

Seems to be here now : http://mandonnet.jeremie.neuf.fr
<http://mandonnet.jeremie.neuf.fr>

Ta,