Midnight Oil

Subject: Re:Diesel & Dust Re-release
From: "David" <canadavros@yahoo.com.au>
Date: 17/02/2008, 2:31 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Dear Lurk

I haven't heard the package, but it shows the Oils were pretty spesh,
that its fans consider its work in such detail 6 years after the
group
broke up.

To my mind, they're up there in legendary status with Led Zep, the
Who, Beatles etc - they had it all live and on disc. They're really
one of those bands who we'll never see the likes of again, but whose
music will stand the test of time. Those of us who were able to follow
their career while it was happening should consider ourselves
lucky, 'cause while the albums and DVDs will be around, for those who
came in late, that excitement in anticipating each new realease (re-
releases etc notwithstanding!) or new tour never will be.

Cheers,
David