Midnight Oil

Subject: Greatest Australian Album DVDs
From: "Powderlurker ." <powderlurker@hotmail.com>
Date: 4/02/2008, 2:24 am

I worked on a Saints project (what a joke THAT was) with the guy that put these 4 shows together - The Saints Box Set.
These guys just scrounge around trying to get sponsors (nigh on impossible, in australia) or a grant to put these things together (that's the usual way).
If you read the credits, I think this was a grant from some government film dealie and SBS.

there was only just enough money to put these together.
maybe if there's something happening with the sales of the DVDs, there will be a second series.

I was talking with someone about this before christmas (yes... VERY drunk) and i think i remember something about a second shot at the series with Blue Sky Mine (!) and Birthday Party shows and perhaps a go-betweens album (although it may have been Tallullah, not 16 LL, from what's left of my memory).

Anyway, I unless funding's suddenly become easier to lock down, I wouldn't bet on it. It's just talk...
Hell... most of the stuff seen in the Saints box set was from my own collection... they were supposed to use their own stuff but no-one really had anything much and the 2 co-producers were sacked from the project because they started going for each other's throats.
That's why i love the music industry so much. If you want to hear it, do it yourself!! The only reason we have these live &/or extended album dealies, from the regular record companies, is because of the bootlegs that got around. Bootleg CDs REALLY put this material out there (remember the Beatles recordings that 'didn't exist' until 7 Cds of 'Unsurpassed Masters' got out?).

...and that's why we have trades and 'weeds', kids...

aoffler53

Sun Feb 3, 2008 11:10 am (EST)

Workers,

Speaking of which I could not understand why the 4 classic Aust albums on

SBS did not at least include 10 to 1 or even BRB. There were only 4 programs

made so maybe they will have more later.

Lew and Anna

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT